Thursday, November 17, 2011

“ALL THE DOGS IN THE WORLD CAME FROM A ROCK”

.
When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school
It’s a wonder I can think at all

I’ll tell you one thing I did NOT learn in high school - I did not learn the correct way to make Evolution Pie. It wasn’t until I was no longer a captive of the public school system and took responsibility for my own education that I learned the really important stuffs. Like how to make a great Evolution Pie.

And now with Thanksgiving just around the corner, I’m going to share this recipe with you:

EVOLUTION PIE

Combine in one bowl, 6 pounds of Theory, 6 ounces of authoritative-sounding liquified Lies, and 6 tablespoons of powdered Bat Wings.

Mix on high until this has a whipped, loose-stool consistency.

Pour this mixture into a Conjecture Crust and bake at 666 degrees for 151 years.

Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then sprinkle with sugar ‘n’ cinnamon and serve. For a really fancy presentation, you can top the pie with eye of newt.

[Serving suggestion: Evolution Pie goes great with a Cambrian Explosion cocktail – shaken, not stirred, of course!]

The video I’m posting below is something that, under normal circumstances, I would post on my OTHER blog, ‘Ferret-Faced Fascist Friends'. But right now I have something posted near the top of that blog titled “Test Your Voter I.Q.” which I don’t want to see buried under a bunch of other posts too soon.

So, for the moment, “STUFFS” is going to take a slightly different (although not altogether unprecedented) turn.

First, I want to publicly thank my brother Mr. VizFact for making me aware of this video by posting it on his own blog. Although Viz and I might not exactly look like we’re related, the fact that his Father and my Father is one and the same Father (capital "F") means we are indeed “brothers”.

So, when Mr. VizFact’s most recent video posting - “100 Reasons Why Evolution is Stupid” by Kent Hovind - showed up on my Blogger dashboard I checked it out and, dang, was I entertained!

Hovind’s dry wit and rapid-fire ridiculing of Evolution’s pseudo-scientists made me GOL (Guffaw Out Loud) more times than I can count. God knows I loves me a smart smart-aleck . . . as Kent Hovind is. Oh, yeah, Hovind is a man after my own heart style.
And funn-eeeee!

I have only one negative remark to make about this presentation:

Mr. Hovind – to steal a question asked by Cheech Marin in the comedy sketch ‘Sergeant Stadanko’ - "Who cut your hair?

Yeah, I’m afraid Dr. Hovind has "Christian Hair", more commonly known as “Helmet Hair”. I don’t know if there’s anything more damaging to the reputation of Born Again Christians than their hairstyles.

But . . . I’d be afraid to say anything like this directly to Mr. Hovind because, if this presentation is any indication, he’d probably kick my arse and take my nickel for milk in a knock-down, drag-out, roll-around-in-the-gutter contest of schoolyard insults. In other words, despite cutting my taunting teeth and honing my ad hominem debating tactics while fighting for years against Commies and other loony Leftists over the Senator Joseph McCarthy issue, I’d be a-skeered of trying to mix it up with Mr. Hovind. That ‘Christian Hair’ Cat’s got game!

I’ve done quite a bit of reading on the Evolution/Intelligent Design debate, and I gotta tell ya, when Kent Hovind calls Evolutionary Theory “stupid” he’s being “Christian-y kind” because, truth is, it’s even dumber’n that – it’s retarded!

For sure, ‘Evolutionary Theory’ is nothing more than a cockamamie fairy tale for adults intent on fooling themselves into beLIEving they have no Creator that they’ll ultimately have to answer to. It’s NOT “science” and it’s NOT for intellectually honest objective thinkers!

Two books on this subject that I particularly enjoyed were . . .

THE CASE FOR A CREATOR: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God
By Lee Strobel



And

TORNADO IN A JUNKYARD: The Relentless Myth Of Darwinism
By James Perloff



Another one I certainly found informative was . . .

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT GUIDE TO DARWINISM AND INTELLIGENT DESIGN
By Jonathan Wells, Ph.D.



And if you want to really get on down with yer bad self and investigate some serious science - deep, technical, nitty-gritty stuffs - then don’t miss reading this 600-page tome:

SIGNATURE IN THE CELL: DNA And The Evidence For Intelligent Design
By Dr. Stephen C. Meyer



Obviously there’s a whole lot more to know than what is presented in Kent Hovind’s nearly two-hour video program. Nevertheless, there were a couple of points made in the video that I don’t even recall having encountered in all my book ‘n’ article readings on the subject.

And Kent Hovind’s humorous, fast-talking, “nicely smart-alecky” demeanor alone makes this worth watching. What could be better than laughing while you’re learning? (Although Hovind and I do not see eye-to-eye on all of our Biblical interpretations, I still enjoyed his little bit of Christian proselytizing at the very end of the video presentation; even THAT was funny!)

Here it is – laugh 'n' learn:

100 Reasons Why Evolution is Stupid - Kent Hovind [Full Length]
To see an enlarged-screen version of it at YouTube, click this URL link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orucWoc5Kyw

.
~ Stephen T. McCarthy

Links:

Kent Hovind’s ‘Doctor Dino’ Website
http://www.drdino.com/

Incidentally, Mr. VizFact posts some good stuffs and sometimes adds some humorous, smart-alecky commentary of his own, so you really should sign up to “Follow” his blog too. Here’s a link . . .
http://vizfact.blogspot.com/

YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

7 comments:

  1. Hey, what are picking on that guy's hair for? At least he's got hair. All I've got is a reasonable argument for just shaving my head, adding some tattoos, and looking like an elderly gang member.

    Maybe I'll try to watch that video later on. I like these sorts of things.

    Are you familiar with Carl Baugh who runs the Creation Evidence Museum in Glen Rose, TX? I have his "Creation In Symphony" video series (I got it a while back) and I really enjoy his presentation style and the evidence he presents. If you want to check out his website:
    http://www.creationevidence.org/

    We sure got some weird information in school though didn't we. No wonder there's so many confused people wandering in the streets.


    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>...Hey, what are picking on that guy's hair for?

    1) It's fun to poke fun at "Christian Hair".

    2) If I didn't say something mildly derogatory to slightly offset all the glowing stuffs I said about Kent, some folks out there might think I was his gay lover or something.

    I watched the whole video in 3 sittings over a 2-day period. So, you might want to break it up if you don't have 1 hour, 49 min. to catch the entire thing all at once.

    To me anyway, that dude was WAY entertaining! (I like it when someone can spread the truth and jab his lying, atheistic opponents at the same time.)

    >>...http://www.creationevidence.org/

    No, I'm not aware of him or it. Thanks for the URL. I'll have to make time to check it out.

    >>...We sure got some weird information in school though didn't we.

    Yeah, well, "weird" isn't really the word for it; you're kinda sugar-coating it a bit.

    What we REALLY got was brainwashed by Commies, Humanists, and other assorted atheists, all at taxpayers' expense. Meaning... our folks were paying for the privilege of having us lied to and brainwashed by Uncle Sam's reeducation camp comrades.

    Now that I know the truth and know what was REALLY being done to me when I was a youngster it... PISSES ME OFF! (Although I often try to dress my anger in humor, as I attempted to do here with my "Evolution Pie" recipe.)

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got through 40 minutes of it and e-mailed my friends the link. Question, which book of the ones you presented would you read if they were going to read just one? Also which one would be the best for someone on a time limit? I have other books on the subject. But I'm always looking for new books on this and to potentially recommend. Plus, this subject is my next one of intense study. The evolutionists are everywhere and even though I know enough not to believe it. I don't do quite as well in debate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BR'ER MARC ~
    I will be gone for a few days and can reply in greater detail upon my return, but just for now...

    The first two I mentioned are both excellent overviews - the Lee Strobel and Jamers Perloff books.

    The Strobel book is probably a bit more up-to-date, so perhaps that would be my first recommendation. However, it also digs into the science pretty deeply and soberly, so it's going to appeal more to the "intellectual" personality.

    The Perloff book is more fun and exudes more personality, and although it gets down to facts as well, it's coming from a "Young Earth" perspective (like Kent Hovind) and might appeal more to the person who likes to be entertained while learning.

    So, you could recommend both books enthusiastically, but you might want to take into consideration the personality type of the person you are interacting with.

    Yak Later, Brotherman.

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kent is a great guy! Years ago I had the privilege of seeing him speak twice. He is in prison on trumped up charges now and his wife imprisoned briefly and threatened. If you read Wikipedia you will see why. The guy was on to all their BS!!! big time. So much for freedom in this country!

    ReplyDelete
  6. K-HAWK ~
    Wow! Gotta get up pretty early in the morning to get one on you, huh?!

    Actually, I went to Wikipedia and looked this bloke up even before I had seen his video in its entirety. What I saw at Wikipedia really impressed me, too. You can always tell who the best warriors for Truth, Justice, and The American Way are by how viciously the Wiki editors go after them.

    I was only a few paragraphs into Kent's Wiki bio when I knew this guy was a major thorn in the Atheistic Left's side.

    Then I scrolled down toward the bottom and saw how Kent is not only on to their B.S. about evolution, but he also knows about the International Bankers, the CFR, the NWO, and - AND! - he knows the fact that 9/11 was an inside job! I practically cheered after reading his Wiki bio - this dude is ALL OVER IT!

    Love his style, too! I keep going back and watching little bits and pieces of this video over and over just because he's still making me laugh with his smart-alecky remarks. LOVE THIS DUDE! (And why didn't YOU turn me on to him? You knew about this bloke and didn't tell me? Bad K-Hawk! Bad K-Hawk!)

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only watched a few minutes so far, but he is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.