Saturday, February 14, 2009

INTRODUCING 'PROVDOG' . . .

.
My good friend The Flying Aardvark very recently introduced me to another website and I got sucked into it faster than you can say "Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder." I sent her an e-mail the other day in which I said, "Dang you, Aard! Dang and Double Dang you! You had to show me that danged Cheezburger site and now I think I’m addicted to the place."

Well, the full name of the website is I Can Has Cheezburger. A very dumb name for a very cool place. The site provides thousands and thousands of photographs to which visitors can add their own captions. Create a free account there and all of your photos and captions will be saved on your Profile Page. There's also some kind of voting thang involved in this but I haven't figured it out yet because I'm not much interested in that aspect of the system; I just enjoy letting my imagination run wild while writing captions for photographs of... oh, you name it: dogs, cats, celebrities, politicians, rubber duckys, etc.

And I'm also intrigued by seeing what sorts of captions other folks placed on the same photographs that I have selected. There are plenty of creative, witty people playing there, and it's neat to see how their various minds approached the same photograph.

I'm posting at this website under the pseudonym "ProvDog." Surely you get that right? It's a name inspired by my most frequently quoted Bible verse . . .

"As a DOG returns to his own vomit,
so a fool repeats his folly."
~ PROVerbs 26:11

Hokey-Smoke, I haven't had this much fun since Napoleon (my Brother) and I were in Martiniville. But with my obsessive personality, I'm a little concerned that I could find myself spending every free minute over at Cheezburger and fail to get anything else done in my life. I can only hope that the thrill dies down after the novelty of it wears off. As it is, I've already created 32 photograph captions in a couple of days. Doh!

Anyway, I'm only letting you (my two Blog readers) know about this so you'll understand if you don't find me tending to my Blog much in the coming decades. If you're looking for me (and I don't know why you would, 'cause I'd get the hell away from me if I knew a way) but you don't find me here, you might want to check over at Cheezburger.

And, say, if you don't find me here at my "Stuffs" Blog, nor at "Cheezburger", then chances are that I'm over at JOLLY JACK'S, having a Bloody Mary and watching Twinkie give Cranium his Daily Azz-Whuppin' at billiards. Feel free to come on in and join us. We'll always be glad to see ya, especially if yer buyin' the next twelve rounds.

Here's a link to my ProvDog stuffs at Cheezburger:
ProvDog Stuffs.

Check it out if you have time and no life to absorb it.

And the next time you run into The Flying Aardvark, please tell her for me that I said: "Thanks for my new Heroin Habit!"

~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.
Postscript: I also added a link to my "ProvDog" stuffs in the column at the left side of this Blog under the category "Some Other Stuffs To Check Out And Stuff." That way you'll always be able to get there from here without getting lost. See how considerate I am?
.

2 comments:

  1. I checked out yur new site. I don't know man. I don't know if it's something I can get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, alright, Br'er Marc. If you bring in a note from yer Mum or Dad, you may be excused. But all the other little children are going to have fun on this field trip.

    ~ STMcC
    <"As a dog returns to his own vomit,
    so a fool repeats his folly."
    ~ Proverbs 26:11>

    POSTSCRIPT: Br'er, I axed you a question in the Comments section of my "The Longest Yard" installment, but you still ain't upped me no answer. What, did you just drift off to sleep in the middle of that discussion?

    ReplyDelete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.